Sunday, March 17, 2013

Surprises

Despite the unseasonal cold, I found myself dragged out to somewhere around 9th and Commercial in full green to witness Emporia, Kansas's tiny version of a St. Patrick's Day parade on Saturday. It might have been more appropriate to have been called a Scottish parade, considering all the kilts and the bagpipes and the clans with Mac before their names. Those were the best parts of the parade anyway.

With two of my friends, I warmed up with coffee from the Java Cat, also known as the most awesome coffee shop ever right next to the most eclectic art shop ever, Studio 11. We wandered around for a good bit of the afternoon. My thought was that I was returning home to clean my apartment, until I was greeted by two small potted trees in my bedroom and a suggestion that I go look for my husband on the balcony.

It was a cold day, but the entire grill area down from the apartment had been turned into something between a cookout and a tea party. That later devolved into friendly card games and drinking at another friend's apartment. Very nice surprise over all. I'm finding that I don't mind being over 30. I feel like I still have a lot yet to accomplish but one day at a time, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012 Adventurous Inquiry. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates