Thursday, December 19, 2013

Counting Down

The winter solstice is only a couple of days away. Kansas is expected to see snow this weekend, so it will be nice. Despite complaints, this has been a mild winter, so a little bit of snow is welcome. I hope for a summer that will not fry us all like turkeys in a roaster. Snow, I do not mind. To be honest, I don't mind ice except for its slippery effects on roads and walkways. It is beautiful to see.

I have been such a magnet for static shock lately. Every time I walk by the lit up garland on the stairway at work, I get a painful, and sometimes audible, zap to my arm. Even my smart phone has gotten in on the shenanigans. Dry air is my current enemy.

A local resident set up a Christmas lights show to music. Obviously this trend has been going on for a few years as popular seasonal YouTube fodder, but it sometimes takes awhile for these things to catch on in Kansas.







The video is not complete, but, you get the gist of it. A really phenomenal showing by a doting grandfather for his granddaughter. I believe that the entire winter holiday season gives adults the opportunity to recapture the joy we felt as children by doing good for other people. We also strive to find beauty in the stark cold of winter or we make it through the use of decorations.

May the beauty of the season bring you peace and joy. Merry Whatever and Happy Somefitzes - enjoy the entire span of holidays as it pleases you!

(But, seriously, it needs to snow this weekend and not rain down sleet upon us. That would be great.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012 Adventurous Inquiry. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates