Friday, March 28, 2014

Exhaustion at Friday



Not to call myself lazy, but daily exhaustion, particularly mental exhaustion, is new to me. I guess I've never been really pushed before. (Although I am probably forgetting just how exhausted I was my last semester of undergraduate during all the joy of completing my undergraduate thesis for high honors.) Despite my friendly, outgoing, "extroverted" exterior, I am an introvert from scalp to toenails. The business meetings for information of all kinds have been so draining, even if they were productive. This isn't to say that they were not fun. We toured three possible building locations, with more meetings next week followed up by the actual presentation itself.

Our mock presentation allowed Dean Ogilvie to poke some holes in our presentation. Although we had some positive points, we still need a lot of work before Thursday afternoon at 3:30. It seems that there is a core group of about five to seven groups including ourselves from the twenty that are really strong, so our competitive natures have to be kicked up a notch. Some have already secured bank financing for their idea, all but guaranteeing themselves a spot in the top three. So, of course, now we are trying to pull our information together to do the same.

Today, I have to finish my homework, but I'm slow going because my brain is still reeling from yesterday's long day. To people who regularly pull fourteen hour days, I applaud you. Even if it is something that sparks all your creative passion, it still drains you to the point of mush. This also makes it difficult to return to focusing on homework for Supply Chain management, which I do need to finish today if I don't want to be burning the midnight oil all weekend.

Entrepreneurship is not for the timid, weak-hearted, or pampered. It requires work that no customer ever gets to see. While this is not my first time trying to start a business, this is my first experience with partnerships and the process for finding investment. It's a learning process. You want to know what else I learned this week? Alligator snapping turtles can climb. Digest that one for a moment and then look at the picture of our zoo's massive alligator turtle.

Leaves you with a warm, fuzzy, feeling inside doesn't it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012 Adventurous Inquiry. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates