Saturday, February 1, 2014

Dues on a Saturday



Rent's due. A case study is due. We're due to have some more ice and snow, I would imagine. I'm due to have a visit from at least one friend today. My sanity is due some coffee to keep plugging along with the banality of doing a case study analysis on a Saturday morning. I should not already be experiencing the graduate student brain dead in week two of semester two, but that's where I am at today.

My brain is slowly waking up with the promised aroma of freshly ground coffee. It speaks my name and it is magical. Those of you without a taste for the bitter caffeine infusion of life that is coffee cannot understand this phenomenon.

Even if it's not my favorite type of writing, I still get satisfaction from putting fingers to keyboard and mind to the words that are coming out on the word processor. I might complain on some level that I really do not want to be doing a case study on Seven-Eleven Japan but it's simply not entirely true. I get sadistic pleasure from progress and completion. It's still words written this week even if it's not going into Sunshine the Morning After, my main fiction project at the moment.

On a happy note, Violet found a home yesterday. I can only think that so many people spreading the word had an impact. So, thank you, because you all helped.


 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012 Adventurous Inquiry. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates