Thursday, July 26, 2012

Still summer

Roughly two years have passed since I started this blog, so it was time for an overhaul. Old posts and layout are gone, so that there's room for a fresh start. Life has a funny way of happening and doing strange things to us along the way. Mine seems to have been entirely concerned with fresh starts at least since the accident on Veteran's Day 2011.

April 13, 2012 was the day we moved back to Emporia. It was a Friday the 13th and we moved into Apartment 13. That was a breath of fresh air, a finally, a maybe, with a touch of hope. John's burned through two jobs since then and is looking at returning to school to study psychology. Taking hiatus from grad school was probably the best decision for me; I have the opportunity to take work that would allow me to use my degree. If not, I'd probably take any job that would give me enough hours to help me keep sane or is that insane? I'm not entirely sure. 

Boring, routine days leave me feeling drained. This insanely hot weather bothers me with its tendency to make me lazy and pool-addicted. Staying still will always bother me on some level; I bore too easily. I want to know what it feels like to be satisfied with what I'm doing as far as a job, but I would say that I'm feeling better than I was even a few weeks ago. 

Returning to the Matagot manuscript has been satisfying in its own right. Fiction writing is my childhood dream and I've felt the need to chase it once again. I should have picked it up again right after graduation but I needed some new experiences and then to cleanse myself from the horrible ones. Now, I think I understand my protagonist far better than I did when I first wrote her into existence. 
I'll probably be using the next few NaNoWriMos to keep pushing myself to get this novel fully on to paper  and edited. 

Right now, I am the Fool. I will follow the road where it takes me and try to learn my craft along the way. Wisdom will come or it will not, but I am not afraid to take the leap into the unknown. 



2 comments:

  1. You are a strong, brave, and competent woman. You'll get where you need to be in the strides it takes you. Like the layout. Like the idea of starting fresh with the blog and makes me wonder if I should follow your idea. I need to push myself back into writing because no one can do that for me. See how much inspiration you give?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment. Let me know if it works out for you with starting fresh on the blog. I'd love to hear that you've been writing again!

      Delete

 
Copyright 2012 Adventurous Inquiry. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates