Monday, December 2, 2013

First Monday in December

First things, it's probably no surprise that I lost momentum on Sunshine the Morning After. It has been busy at the funeral home and the last few weeks have been inundated with group projects, final papers, and preparing for exams. Grades, sadly, are a bit more important that indulging in my writing. At the same time, I feel like I got the start of an idea for what may be a decent book. It just needs some work.

Secondly, we have reached December. Today, temperatures are going to reach into the 60s. By Thursday, we will have snow. Welcome to Kansas! I am just happy that any potential nasty weather is happening after I have to take my evening exams this week. Other than that, it is December. You can't really complain about the cold without sounding silly when it's so close to the winter solstice anyway.

My husband has picked up another position, this time at a gorgeous pub. The hourly pay might be less, but it's more than enough for what we need and I imagine his tips will get decent as he learns more about tending bar. It's a good place for learning about running a small business as well.

I am trying to get a little bit of review time in before work. We are both going in to help decorate the mortuary and participate in the lunchtime holiday employee party. Then I have to get hubby back home so he can get to work on time. It's going to be an interesting day.

Sunday is our big holiday memorial service that we do for the families whose loved ones have passed on. After some ESU music students unprofessionally cancelled two weeks in advance of the date, I believe we are still trying to find replacements. My funeral director is stressed and I can already sense the frantic mood that will take over this morning.

It's going to be a fabulous day! Kansans - enjoy the warm weather while it lasts. For the other Kansans who don't like warm weather... don't worry, winter (and snow) is coming.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012 Adventurous Inquiry. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates