Sunday, November 10, 2013

Start of Week 2



Despite my best intentions, I lost momentum on my NaNoWriMo project towards the end of this past week. I finally hit over the 10K hump when I should be nearer to 17K at this point. I still feel pretty confident about finishing my 50K this month despite that. I do need to work on matters of laundry and homework today, so I may treat writing as more of a reward today.

Endings are a bit of an issue both in writing and life, as I have seen lately. We have so much anxiety in our culture about failing, leaving, and quitting, which seems so counterproductive. I am looking forward to yet another interesting shift. And, yes, Herodotus mentioned this: "Illness strikes men when they are exposed to change." So the issue has been a part of Western culture for some time.

The old adage about when one door opens, another closes, tends to be thrown to a wayside, as a comfort for that "shameful" moment when something has gone wrong. But a pagan perspective has a slightly different perspective: you have to destroy to create and there is balance in the ebb and flow of fortunes. Everything you do make a mark on the universe that ultimately affects everyone within it. It is silly to think that whatever "bad" happens to you is some sort of punishment. If karma was actually about biting people in the ass or giving them rewards on the basis of actions, we would not need a legal system.

The police sirens were quite busy in our neighborhood last night. It should be interesting to read the paper tomorrow to see what happened. I do know, however, that my chaotic people are aligned within the confines of the Law, which has made for some interesting fireworks. Everything is getting ready to ignite as it shifts, burning the fabled Tower to the ground.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012 Adventurous Inquiry. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates