Friday, February 28, 2014

Dreaming Leads to Creation



My team's executive summary for ESU's 3D Event - Dream It, Design It, Develop It - made it in well before the deadline. I am curious to see if we make the cut for the top 20 to be able to further pitch our idea. The goal is the prize money more than anything. We intend to use it towards starting capital. We have two dice trays in process at the moment. Photos to come later. We used pine and birch on these to keep expenses fairly low since they're just going to be showcase models. They're taking the stain fairly nicely though, so it will be interesting to show as part of our display. Or they might be going up on etsy sometime soon. I'm a little hush-hush on too many details as to our plans yet for this business, but I think it will be fantastic. My actual class assignments were wrapped up this morning so I have some time to work on research for both business and end-of-the-semester projects.

John's job searching has been frustrating lately. We are still both employed part-time at the funeral home and he is still working the door at Mulready's every other weekend, but some more steady income is definitely needed. It shouldn't be this difficult to get out of a one bedroom apartment, but the job market in this town is becoming exceedingly more questionable despite expansion and new business. I guess that's just another sign that we need to run our own ventures.

I would much prefer that March came in like a lion with thunderstorms, not a possibility of 3-6 inches of snow. My work shoes that I just bought (to replace the ones that broke) are not exactly snow friendly. They're intended for spring and summer. If there's still snow on the ground come Monday morning, I might be in an uncomfortable situation. Somewhat related to cold days, Jim Butcher is evidently going to be in Kansas City to promote his new book Skin Game in June. It remains to be seen as to whether I will be there or not, but it is a possibility. Right now, I'm still working my way through the Dresden Files series. I might be done or close to it by June 1st.

So far, I've only managed to add another paragraph to The Lazarus Hand but I hope to get a bit more done today. Having enough spare time to write fiction at all is a good thing. Granted, I have been gaming a good bit lately as well, but I am trying to get into different types of game in the event that the business venture comes to fruition. As far as video games, though, I'm impatiently waiting the third episode of A Wolf Among Us. I was a big fan of Vertigo comics back in the '90's, so seeing Fables redesigned as an interactive story game is just fantastic for my nostalgic tendencies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012 Adventurous Inquiry. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates