Friday, February 21, 2014

Forecasting Friday



I have spent entirely way too much of the past two days playing in Microsoft Excel doing demand forecasting. It's not that it's that difficult, it's just making sure that the software doesn't mess up the formulas. I'm looking into chaos undermining computer accuracy in forecasting and planning in the supply chain for my research project, so that's appropriate, I suppose. Or at least, it's worth a laugh or two.

Maintenance is doing fire extinguisher checks throughout the complex so that's what I'm getting to listen to at the moment. I can hear them pounding on every single door in the complex. It's a good thing, because I had forgotten and the path to the fire extinguisher was still blocked so mad scramble to shove everything out of the way. We need a bigger place, that's just all there is to it; that's not to say it's not going to be a pain for the next couple of months until the move.

Ran across this video by way of Kotaku. Evidently a guy in France cosplays as Sonic in public in rather destructive ways. Video is really not safe for work and, if you guessed it, probably not something you want to show to anyone much under the age of 14. However, it's good for a slightly inappropriate chuckle or two. I claim no responsibility for anyone who tries to mimic these shenanigans, but if you do... make sure a good friend films them and uploads them to YouTube.


In other news, John is still waiting to hear back from the interview on Monday, but we are fairly positive. The apartment cleaning bug has hit a bit early around here, which would be fine if my husband would stay in one room of the apartment. He keeps popping over to see whatever I am doing, which has made me take a break from trying to run numbers in Excel. Still, as you can imagine, I'm really hurt about taking a break.

Last night's employee meeting offered a nice change of pace. It is not very often that I get to see all the other employees, so that was a nice socializing event, as well as a reiteration of policy. Let's face it, we all need reminders from time to time. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012 Adventurous Inquiry. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates