Sunday, March 9, 2014

Last night



It's a little after 7 in the morning as I start writing this. John didn't get to sleep until about 5. To be honest, he has every right to be downright pissed with his employers at the pub. They've lied to him since he started at this job. They never gave him the hours promised nor the three months to really get the job down as a bartender when he was coming from no previous bartending experience. So they cut him down to just doorman (bouncer) on the weekends all the while saying how "great" a worker he was and how much he'd improved but with no real legitimate reason other than they found someone else they wanted more to work the bar after they hired him. (Downside of a right to work state, employees get screwed and employers get away with just shy of murder.) Still, the doorman position is supposed to pay $9 an hour if I remember correctly because there are no tips, but evidently they've still been paying him minimum wage.It wouldn't be much, but he'd get more than the cost of a tank of gas per month. It's ridiculous.

To be honest, I'm feeling very evil and potentially vindictive right now. If I wanted to, I could write a scathing review of the pub and probably convince more people than anyone could shake a stick at post nasty grams on the business's Facebook wall. But the truth is, I don't completely despise the owners despite their bullshit / lack of professionalism because the pub was something Emporia needed and they've done a lot of good for the community. Still, I'm having a hard time washing the bad taste out of my mouth.This is the ambivalence of adulthood, I suppose.

Realistically, I know I can set these feelings aside should the need arise. With starting a new venture, I should play nice with all the local entrepreneurs. This is mostly just me venting, but I don't suspect I'll be wanting to step foot in the pub for a long while until my temper cools off.  I hear Kingdoms of Amalur calling my name as I believe digitally killing some creatures is in order.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012 Adventurous Inquiry. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates