Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Who Shot the Hearse?

I realize that sounds like it ought to be the title for a cheesy mystery radio play, but it's no joke. Someone shot the funeral home's black hearse while it was in a garage. It's been a bit of a running gag amongst my friends for some time now that if it sounds like gunshots, it's fireworks, but the reverse is also equally true. I know that some people shoot guns because they are celebrating; it's one of those strange customs I will never fully understand. But this really sounds like someone just maliciously shot our garage. I haven't seen it yet, but my husband is supposed to be sending me a picture in a bit. He and  our funeral director are on the road to a service out of the state. I believe black electrical tape was used to hide the bullet hole. The police report has already been filed, though, so we shall see if anything comes of the EPD investigation.

My sister, in more positive news, has made it out of her surgery and seems to be doing just fine. I hope this is the last once she has to have in a while. She needs to get her anxiety about her babies moving out and going into the world under control or this is going to keep happening. Yes, severe anxiety can cause problems that require surgery. Public Service Announcement: Don't let your anxiety build to the point that you need surgery. Find ways to lower your negative stress levels and learn how to relax. It's not nearly as hard nor as painful as going through organ damage that requires surgical repair.

You would think I'd learn that I cannot take a vacation without weird stuff happening in my absence. I don't think I'm allowed one for awhile now. I will be glad to get home tomorrow, although I'm somewhat dreading the state of the apartment since John said he still needed to clean tonight. I have been reassured that our plants are still alive and he ran a load of dishes last night, so that's something. Still, I can't say much. I've been a bit of a bump on a log here mostly focusing on studying my financial management, doing writing sprints on Scrapping Cinderella, playing on FB, and watching movies.

1 comments:

  1. I meant to comment on this when I first read it, sorry to be late. Seems my head is buried in cross stitch stuff now. :) Just wanted to say there are some very sick puppies out there. Makes one wonder if they were just having fun or on drugs having fun. We just lost our 144 year old covered bridge outside of our little town. Burnt down and there is an investigation going on with that also. Hope they find the idiot(s) who shot the hearse.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright 2012 Adventurous Inquiry. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates